Chief Engineer position that ensures maximum operating efficiency, minimal down time and conformity with all company, state, and federal health and safety rules. Reports directly to the facility manager. This position exercises discretionary decision making.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Perform duties to plan, schedule, supervise, operate, maintain, and repair as needed.
● Responds to all anticipated emergencies.
● Keeps all necessary records for all refrigeration, electrical, automatic sprinkler, hot water, compressed air and fire systems, handling equipment and building/grounds in compliance with warehouse needs.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements that an individual must absolutely posses to perform the essential functions of the job :
● Capable of typing.
● Have good arithmetic skills.
● Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
● Available to work various shifts.
● Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
● Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
● Must be able to work in a team environment
● Must communicate well both written and orally
● Ability to use a computer and computer software including: Microsoft Word and Excel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
● Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facilities refrigeration systems, material handling equipment, and maintain all aspects of facility infrastructure and grounds
● Train and Manage daily tasks of maintenance personnel
● Schedule and manage facility projects
● Train all employees in various safety and regulatory compliance topics.
● Must be able to be on call for emergency calls when needed.
● Participate on an Emergency Response Team.
● Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism that supports collaboration and problem solving while building strong working relationships with various stakeholders including facility management, subordinates, and vendors.
● Responsible for all building and refrigeration maintenance.
● Responsible for all refrigeration operations.
● Ensures that all OSHA and EPA operational requirements and regulations are met.
● Supervise contractors and approval of contractor bills for payment.
● Responsible for submission of yearly budget for operations and maintenance.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: High School Degree preferred
RETA Certified Recommended
Must pass Emergency Response Physical. (Lung Capacity and Auditory Testing are conducted annually)
Experience: Minimum of 5years experience including 2 years in a senior position.
-Strong knowledge in federal and state regulatory compliance programs including but not limited to OSHA Process Safety Management and EPA Risk Management Programs.
-Working knowledge of the public refrigerated warehouse (PRW) industry.
-Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems (e.g. anhydrous ammonia)
-Working knowledge of the functions of various material handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, lead acid batteries, battery chargers, etc.).
-Knowledge of capital and major repair budgeting
-Ability to read and understand blue prints and P&IDs.
-Knowledge of refrigeration control systems, microprocessors, and asset management systems (e.g. Infor EAM).
-Knowledge of mechanics and mechanical skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
● Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery.
● The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting a minimum of 70 lbs.
● Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS daily and seasonal requirements.
● Drive a registered motor vehicle to satisfy daily requirements.
● Able to lift and move product above head.
● Have acceptable and / or correctable vision.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to - 30 degrees F.
● The noise level in the work area is usually moderate - high.
● Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.
The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area. The administrator will be required to perform all of the above listed tasks.