The Automation Technician is an hourly position which supports the operation of an automated material handling system. Focuses on ensuring that the ASRS and associated automated components are operating efficiently. This position will diagnose and resolve errors, both physical and IT related. Will use various computer applications to ensure that Warehouse Management System (WMS), Warehouse Control System (WCS), and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) communication and positioning of inventory is accurate in the system.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
Responsibility and Authority
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: -High School degree, prefer some advanced technical training
-Knowledge and working experience with computer systems (prefer WMS and WCS experience)
- Practical aptitude, a good technical understanding and experience with basic computer operation
- Flexibility to work all shifts including weekends
- Prefer understanding of Distribution Center processes
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to schedule own tasks and handle all facets of assigned tasks independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies