The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will be responsible for providing Shipping/Receiving assistance and guidance for their assigned site. Shipping/Receiving Clerks support the shipment of product in and out of the facility.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS: The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job:
• Capable of typing
• Have good arithmetic skills
• Be able to read
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions
• Available to work various shifts
• Capable of sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
• Pleasant and Proper phone etiquette
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
• Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear
• Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS daily and seasonal requirements
• Have acceptable and / or correctable vision
• Work is generally standing and walking
• Position may require occasional warehouse work requiring someone to stand, walk, or be mobile for up to an eight hour shift; ascend and descend from a forklift; lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs; bend, twist and reach to check freight, stack boxes, and label
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check in and out all truck drivers
• Assign dock doors if needed
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out properly
• Place driver’s license information and or seal numbers in the system
• Fill out pallet receipts for pallet accounts and/or bill for pallets
• Ensure cross dock paperwork is created and handed out
• Setup trucks to pick per supervisor request
• Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times
• Develop PC skills to perform any e-mailing, reports, label preparation and order release
• Must report overages, shortages, defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Receive incoming products and materials.
• Notification and/or delivery of incoming product to end user
• Each receipt must have documentation (Packing Slip etc.) to support computer system entries
• Requires preparation of paper work in system, management of product to be shipped or received
• Responsible for knowledge of product location within warehouse
• Review bill documentation
• Confirm all orders are loaded
• Ensure the driver review bill documentation and confirm the driver has all the correct paperwork for the load with the correct destination
• Ensure that driver receives company seal for inspection by Guard Shack
• Experience in AS400, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and Powerpoint preferred.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: High School Degree preferred
Experience: 1 to 3 years preferred.