PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is located and shipped, make certain product comes from the proper locations and the lot numbers match the picking documents.
- Ensure the accuracy of all paperwork produced.
- Follow customer requirements.
- Follow company policies, guidelines and work instructions.
- Maintain professional relationship with the carriers, customers and coworkers.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Load and unload, move, stack and stage products according to standard operational procedures.
- Tape or stretch-wrap pallet as required to ensure product stability.
- Ensure proper stock rotation by following lot number identification and usage of RF Scanners.
- Move product from the staging or storage areas into railcars or trailers.
- Daily inspect and verify equipment is operating prior to the start of operation on that piece of equipment.
- Maximize the utilization of all USCS warehouse support computer system applications and tools, including RF equipment, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
- Required to attend Monthly Safety Meeting.
- Ensure that all warehouse sanitation, safety and security activities are consistently performed within the highest USCS, OSHA, BRC and other government compliance and industry standards.
SAFETY, HOUSEKEEPING & SECURITY:
- Steel toe shoes, hard hats and ID badges must be worn in all work areas.
- Follow and assist in security procedures at all times.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly warehouse and lunch room.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments.
- Must have the ability to work various shifts.
- Have good arithmetic skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
- Pass written and driving forklift exam.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Degree preferred
Experience: 2-5+ years of Warehouse experience preferred
2-5+ years of Forklift experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Have acceptable and / or correctable vision.
- The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting up to 40 + lbs.
- Stand, walk; use hands and feet to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
- Work various shifts and longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS requirements.
- Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery.
- Daily workflow is fast paced and dependent on daily and seasonal customer and USCS company requirements.
- Work in an atmosphere range of +36 to -55 degrees F.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- Personal interaction and communication is extremely high.
The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area. Management reserve the right to add, delete or change the duties and responsibility at any time either formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.