|The Janitorial position is responsible for custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas, and other building interiors. A Janitor must be self-motivated and work with a minimal amount of supervision.|
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS: The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Be able to read
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions
• Available to work various shifts
• Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear
• The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting up to 70 lbs.
• Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS daily and seasonal requirements
• Able to lift and move items above head
• Have acceptable and / or correctable vision
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to - 30 degrees F
• The noise level in the work area is usually moderate
• Daily workflow is moderately paced, dependent on daily and seasonal customer and USCS company requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties as assigned
• Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines
• Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures
• Washes and replaces blinds
• Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas
• May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions
• May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels
• Verify the implementation of solutions
• Follow all sanitation requirements
• Assist supervision/management as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
|The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Education: High School Degree preferred. Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred but not required.|