The Supervisor oversees the planning, development and implementation of all warehouse procedures and activities required to meet customer requirements, working within this team to continually exceed USCS's facility and Company goals. Supervisors are part of the management team and work closely with the Assistant Superintendent, Superintendent, Operations Manager and/or General Manager. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient execution of warehouse operations within assigned shifts or teams. This position will also manage warehouse employee related functions, including but not limited to staffing, performance management, individual and team development, and safety, while maintaining a positive work environment.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS: The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job:
• Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments
• Have good arithmetic skills
• Be able to read
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions
• Available to work various shifts
• Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear
• Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery
• The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting up to 70 lbs
• Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS daily and seasonal requirements
• Able to lift and move product above head
• Have acceptable and / or correctable vision
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to - 30 degrees F
• The noise level in the work area is usually moderate
• Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high
• Daily workflow is fast paced, dependent on daily and seasonal customer and USCS company requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following.
• Provide leadership to the efficient coordination and execution of workflow throughout the warehouse, consistently keeping safety, sanitation, cost controls, productivity, accuracy, team environment, and customer satisfaction in line with facility goals
• Oversee inventory control functions and procedures, including cycle counts, product rotation and recall, training, customer claims and requests, and record keeping
• Participate in the hiring process of new warehouse employees
• Develop good working relationships and apply hands-on leadership at all levels within the USCS team environment, leading and communicating as needed to maximize individual and team performance
• Act on the Assistant Superintendent/Superintendent’s behalf when necessary
• Attend or conduct plant, customer or training meetings when asked
• Travel may be required
• Perform any additional tasks delegated by Assistant Superintendent, Superintendent, Operations Manager and/or General Manager
• Work with Management and Customer Service personnel to ensure that all requirements and requests are responded to in the highest professional manner
• Develop PC/tablet skills to perform any e-mailing, reports, label preparation, order release, driver sign-out, inventory checks and/or any type of PC/tablet function necessary for that specific area
• Maximize the utilization of all USCS warehouse support computer system applications and tools, including RF equipment, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Ensure that all warehouse sanitation, safety and security activities are consistently performed within the highest USCS, OSHA and other government compliance, and industry standards
• Maximize all warehouse activities as they relate to meeting established financial goals, making recommendations to the Superintendent/Manager for operational and capital improvements.
Other duties as assigned
|The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Education: High School Degree/ GED Required 2+ years of College or a minimum of 2-3 years Team Lead/Supervisor experience Required Experience: Warehouse Supervision and operations, preferably in a food or temperature-controlled environment|