Process freight bills utilizing our proprietary Transportation Management system and Mercury Gate TMS and coordinate all related activities and documentation.
· Verifies, links and indexes images for archiving of paperwork
· Confirms orders, bills, and charges on each load shipped.
· Processes freight billing and coordinates the mailing and electronic submission of all invoices with proper documentation.
· Manages Exception Billing through research and communication with operations, customers and carriers
· Processes pre-billing for entry, notification and approval of extra charges
· Enters charges and uploads documentation to customer systems as needed
· Responds to customer inquiry of freight bills and POD Requests
· Reviews rate tariffs and special rates to ensure accuracy in the computer system and verifies that billing reflects the correct rates.
· Approves all freight payables before submitting for payment.
· Investigates all pending payables from carriers.
· Assists accounts receivable department with research of freight bills.
· Assists in reporting, analysis and special projects, as necessary.
· Education: high school degree
· 2-3 years Accounts Payable or related experience
· Excellent computer skills- Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of excel
· Excellent work record (attendance and attitude)
· Ability to establish a positive working relationship
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Detail oriented, strong organization and follow-up skills