Job Title: Full Stack Java Developer
USCS’s is a leading provider of 3rd party logistics solutions. The Center of Digital Excellence or CoDE is the technology arm of USCS, and we are on a mission to deliver custom software solutions to enable the efficient automated operations at our cold storage facilities. Our next generation warehouse management system directs effective operations at our facilities, interfaces with control systems of autonomous vehicles and autonomous storage/retrieval systems, automates electronic transactions with our partners, and interfaces with off-the-shelf transportation and labor management systems.
The Job Details:
We are looking for a Full Stack Java Software Engineer with experience building performant, scalable, reliable and testable software solutions as key part of the CoDE engineering team. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who has built mission critical systems using Java and Front-end technologies. Has demonstrable experience applying software design patterns to solve complex problems and has worked within an Agile SCRUM model.
You will report to the Director of Software Engineering in this role.
Some of the things expected from you include the following:
- Experience working with test driven development
- Experience working within a continuous delivery framework
- Hands on participation in design, coding and testing
- Strong Core Java knowledge
- Experience with various back-end micro-services frameworks
- Experience working in a SCRUM team
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Proven experience in Java and Web development technologies, 3+ years
- Profound insight of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, Oracle, SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate, iBatis)
- Working knowledge of REST frameworks
- Working experience with one or more web application servers
- Knowledge of software containerization
- Experience with Maven and Git (GitHub/BitBucket)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics is a plus
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have:
The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction and company policies.
- A self-starter that can work independently and coordinate with others
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelines
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.